Crofton Village Garden Club donated a Blue Star Memorial Marker that was unveiled and dedicated at the entrance to Crofton Library to honor those who currently serve or have served in the United States armed services.
During World War II, the Blue Star was evident in churches, businesses, and homes. In 1944, the New Jersey Council of Garden Clubs planted 8,000 Dogwood trees as a living memorial to veterans of World War II. A year later, the National Council of State Garden Clubs adopted the program, calling it the Blue Star Highway System. Blue Star Memorial markers cover thousands of miles across the Continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii.
In 1994, the program was expanded to include all men and women who had served, were serving, or would serve in the armed services of the United States. Memorial markers and By-way markers were added to the program for placement at public buildings, veteran's facilities, parks and National cemeteries.
Scroll over the photo above and use the play button or arrow buttons located at the top of the picture to view photos.